Are you a Nigerian woman in tech? Do you need funding for your start up or businesses? Then this is for you! We wish to inform you that applications are invited from you by Standard Chartered Bank.
The Standard Chartered WOMEN IN TECH INCUBATOR programme aims to support female entrepreneurship, aligning with calls for more diversity in tech and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership expertise.
You Might Also Be Interested In: Apply Now For 2021 Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest
About The Programme
The purpose of the Women in Tech Incubator in Nigeria is to provide incubation support designed to target early-to-mid stage professionals from technology and business sectors – females who are most likely to have the requisite domain knowledge, experience, and perseverance to deliver results.
As a Bank in Nigeria, we have been focusing on education for young women for many years through platforms like GOAL<https://www.sc.com/en/explore-our-world/empowering-girls-must/>. Globally we have invested in more women entrepreneurs focusing on technology with the first initiative being launched in New York in October 2014 and the second one launched in Kenya in September 2017.
WITI is seeking to recruit women-led start-up businesses that leverage technology as a key driver of innovation. The business:
- 1. Must be women-led start-up businesses that leverage technology needs of the county
- 2. Must be based in Nigeria, and should be aligned with the needs of the country
- 3. Must sustainable and scalable
- 4. Must be properly aligned with the UN’s sustainable development goals.
- 5. Should have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months
- 6. Should be seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development
- 7. Should have evidence of pre-revenue traction (users). Although post revenue is preferable.
- 8. The principal founder must be a Nigerian woman between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Should be able to provide all company registration documents including Certificate of Corporation, to confirm authenticity of the business.
For Standard Chartered WOMEN IN TECH INCUBATOR applicants with business ideas:
1. An innovative idea that leverages web or mobile technology to solve a problem/issue
2. The idea must improve on an existing process/solution or be completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally.
3. Adequately researched problem with a clear picture of the target segment it affects
4. The team should have skills to build the solution (or have access to technical skills)
5. Full-time commitment for 6 months spent building the solution and conduct market validation to understand your potential users.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the SC Women In Tech Incubator (WITI) Program 2021
You are advisedly subscribe to this webpage for more information on the above and many others in future.